Flow Cytometry Platform
The Cytometry Platform (acronym BV-CyAn) has been created in 2012 to provide access and develop this technology to the iBV research groups and is open to outside investigators. It offers a range of services centered on multiparametric cytometry and cell sorting.
BV-CyAn platform, by offering state-of-the-art flow cytometers and sorters, proposes to researchers, powerful ways to discriminate, analyse and sort/purify the distinct cell/organelle populations of interest to further study the genomic, proteomic and functional aspects of such purified populations.
- Provide access to cytometer users of the platform.
- Teaching (users quickly become autonomous and independent in the use of analyzers), assistance (in the design of experiments, in the analysis, interpretation and presentation of results) and expertise.
- Cell sorting: provide technological development with new technical achievements.
- Single Cell Profiling: “Single cell analysis“ allows studying the transcriptomic and/or epigenetic content of tens of thousands of cells one by one. The cytometry platform takes care of your samples (cells in suspension or obtained via FAC-sorting), performs cell encapsulation and barcoding, and prepares the libraries required for next generation sequencing.
Analysor LSR Fortessa Sorp (BD)
* 5 lasers (488, 633, 561, 355, 405nm)
18 fluorescent signals
*A module HTS allow screening on 96wells plates
*A forward scatter PMT upgrade is also available for small particle detection (0.3-1µm)
Cell sorter ARIA (BD):
4 lasers (488, 633, 561, 405nm)
13 fluorescent signals
2 and 4 way sorting
Cell Sorter MoFlo Astrios EQ (Beckman)
5 lasers (488, 633, 561, 355, 405nm)
18 fluorescent signals
Resolves 0,2µm diameter particles in scatter from background
Jet-in-air nozzle: 50-70-100-150-200µm
6 way sorting at high speed (up to 30000 evt/s)
Under a hood (under protective enclosure)
Chromium Controller (10x Genomics)
This equipment is used to prepare gel bead emulsions that permits the encapsulation of individual cells in a lipid droplet (GEM) allowing to assign a unique identifier to each cell (called Barcode). In addition, each transcript of a cell is tagged with a molecular identifier “UMI”. The single cell transcriptome provides a high-resolution description of the cell content.
- Single cell RNA gene expression profiling
- Single cell chromatin profiling
- Rare cell type detection
- Tumor heterogeneity
- Mechanisms of cellular differentiation
iBV - Institut de Biologie Valrose
Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
Faculté des Sciences
06108 Nice cedex 2