The Cigliola laboratory invites applications for a Research Technician position at the Institute of Biology Valrose in Nice, France. Our lab uses zebrafish and mouse models to study Innate Mechanisms of Spinal Cord Regeneration. We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious candidates with interest for regenerative biology and neuroscience. Enthusiasm for working with animals is essential. Specialized training will be provided. The candidate will have the opportunity to figure as co-author on published manuscripts.
The Institute of Biology Valrose is a research Center of Excellence at the University of Côte d’Azur and offers a vibrant research environment with national and international scientists and collaborations (iBV). Nice is located on the French Riviera and offers amazing opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Technical duties include:
- Zebrafish breeding, husbandry, and surgeries; molecular biology; generation of mutant or transgenic animals by microinjection.
- Contribution to research studies, experiments, data collection and assays.
- Maintenance of general lab supplies; ordering and preparation of reagents and solutions; assistancewith maintaining equipment and lab reagent inventories.
- Review of laboratory methods manuals.
- Implementation and supervision of laboratory safety procedures.Required qualifications:Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field and at least 2-years previous experience in a research lab. The qualified candidate should have strong troubleshooting skills, should be motivated to learn new techniques, organized, and able to work effectively in a team environment. Previous experience with zebrafish is preferred (but not required). Candidates should be fluent in English, as it is the working language in the laboratory.
Please send your application in a single PDF, including (1) a cover letter that includes a description of research interests and experience, (2) CV and (3) contact information of 2 or more references to Valentina CIGLIOLA. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.